Membership in the Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association provides a full range of benefits for leaders in the funeral profession. PFDA offers many avenues to participate in professional development and collaboration, as well as to serve our local communities.
As you read through the benefits listed below simply ask yourself how much better off you will be by becoming a member of PFDA.
- Access to the profession's finest legal expertise.
- Legal information through Counsel Memos, PFDA legal/regulatory publications and responses to phone inquiries.
- Governmental affairs lobbying and regulatory intervention.
- Trained PFDA personnel can assist you in complying with OSHA regulations and preparing for inspections.
- Participation in Secure Choice Trust / Insurance - an insurance funded pre-need program.
- A broad selection of brochures and books to provide to client families, covering topics such as pre-arrangements, pre-need plans, bereavement, and other related topics.
- Access to the Caring Kit/Aftercare Program, an effective tool for serving client families.
- Listing under our member directory accessible to consumers.
- An invitation to the Annual Convention - one of the largest state meetings in the nation - featuring exhibits by vendors, informative seminars and presentations, and a chance to meet your fellow PFDA members.
- Opportunities for member collaboration, education and professional development.
- The Reporter, PFDA's monthly newsletter providing updates on matters of interest to the funeral profession in Pennsylvania, including news about state and federal regulation, proposed legislation, calendars of events at the state and local levels, profiles of funeral service leaders and educators, plus advertising.
- Access to Members Only areas of the PFDA web site.
- Lending library featuring a collection of books and videotapes on funeral service matters for loan to members.
- A tradition of professional excellence.
These are just some of the reasons PFDA is the nation's largest funeral association. Don't miss the opportunity to be a member of this dynamic organization!
As the professional association of funeral directors and funeral homes in Pennsylvania, PFDA is solely focused on one primary goal - fulfilling the needs of its members. Funeral service is a constantly changing profession, and your needs change rapidly. PFDA is positioned to meet your professional requirements, continuing education, legal and legislative advocacy, public relations, and so much more.
Joining the Pennsylvania Funeral Directors Association (PFDA) will be one of the best business decisions you will ever make.